Europe's Rivers & Castles (Wine Cruise) on AmaPrima
From the Silvaner wines of the meandering Main to the fames Rieslings of the Upper Middle Rhine Valley and the Moselle, enjoy the flavors of this unique region of Europe. Let the storybook villages-Bernkastel, Cochem and Wertheim-captivate you; and Rothenburg, located on the Romantic Road enchant you. Marvel at the world's largest ceiling fresco in the Würzburg Residenz, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; and the beautiful Chagall windows while in Mainz. Savor the many flavors of Germany with a chance to sample the world-famous wines of the Rheingau, the hearty smoked beer of Bamberg and Rüdesheim’s famed coffee. Learn the legend of the Bernkasteler doctor and the magical healing of "Berkasteler Doctor" Riesling wine. All along the way, gain an intimate understanding of the history and culture of the places you visit. Hosted by a dedicated wine expert who leads tastings and a specially curated food and wine pairing dinner on board, this journey is a must for anyone interested in the best of local wine and cuisine.
With a design inspired by classic ocean yachts, the 162-passenger AmaPrima (2013) offers a luxurious cruise experience on Europe’s most legendary rivers. Our exclusive “Twin Balconies” are available in most staterooms and suites. Guests can enjoy fine dining in the main dining room or at the intimate Chef’s Table restaurant. All ships also feature a heated Sun Deck pool; a magnificent glass elevator; fitness center; massage; hair and beauty salon; complimentary in-room Internet access and first-run Hollywood movies; complimentary Wi-Fi; plus a fleet of bicycles for guests to borrow and enjoy.
- All outside accommodations, with revolutionary “Twin Balconies” on the Violin and Cello decks
- Deluxe hotel-style bedding with high-thread count linens, plush pillows and duvet cover
- Your choice of one large bed (larger than queen size) or two twin beds
- Cozy sitting area perfect for admiring scenic river views
- Spacious bathrooms with multi-jet showerheads
- Premium European toiletries, cotton bathrobes and slippers
- Large wardrobe, full-length mirror, hair dryer, safe and direct-dial telephone
- Flat-screen TV featuring local and satellite channels
- Entertainment-On-Demand featuring free high-speed internet access, hit Hollywood movies, extensive music library and English language TV stations
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Complimentary bottled water replenished daily
- Extra spacious Suites (300 sq. ft.) with revolutionary “Twin Balconies” and mini-bar
- Roomy sitting area with a sofa and two chairs
- Marble-appointed bathroom with a bathtub and separate shower
- Panoramic Lounge with bar; piano and dance floor; and Observation Lounge
- Complimentary specialty tea and coffee station available 24/7
- Elevator reaches the Restaurant, Lobby/Main Lounge and staterooms on Violin and Cello Decks
- Beauty salon, massage and spa services
- Walking track, heated pool and fitness room
- Bicycles for exploring on one’s own
- Main Dining Restaurant - offering regional specialties using locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef’s Table serves as an intimate dining alternative to the main restaurant. It features a view of the chef as he prepares a true tasting menu with three appetizers, a champagne sorbet intermezzo, three main courses and three decadent desserts, serving up a variety of regional specialties and traditional dishes with more choices and flavors than ever before.
- Complimentary unlimited fine wine, beer, soft drinks and specialty coffees with every lunch and dinner, plus sparkling wine at breakfast
Number of Decks
AmaWaterways, we love what we do — providing our guests with the best travel experiences possible. In fact, “Ama” is derived from the Latin word for “love.” It is a concept that permeates every aspect of our river cruises, from the design of our ships to the development of our itineraries to the high levels of service we deliver to our guests. It is a philosophy that drives our attention to detail, constant innovation and culture of always making our guests our top priority. It is the reason our ...
Nov 10, 2024 through
Nov 23, 2024
Nov 6, 2024 7:00 PM
Cabin Cat: E