Majestic Capitals of the Danube (Christmas) on AmaSonata
Delight in the Old-World grandeur of Europe’s most spectacular capital cities along the Danube River during this special 5-night journey. From Budapest, Hungary to Vienna, Austria, follow the paths of kings and queens (Habsburg royalty among them) on up to five included excursions each day. Enjoy guided hikes to hilltop castles such as Bratislava’s gleaming fortress, bike tours to beautiful sites like Klosterneuburg Abbey and tastings of local delights, such as the cake that started a national holiday in Austria: sachertorte. Plus, enjoy the local nightlife as each capital and its architectural wonders illuminate after sunset. Whether you are sailing the Danube River for the first time or returning to venture deeper into the cities that inspired you most, we invite you to celebrate this spectacular journey with us as we treat you like the royalty you are.
With a design inspired by classic ocean yachts, the 162-passenger AmaSonata (2014) offers a luxurious cruise experience on Europe’s most legendary rivers. Our exclusive “Twin Balconies” are available in most staterooms and suites. Guests can enjoy fine dining in the main dining room or at the intimate Chef’s Table restaurant. All ships also feature a heated Sun Deck pool; a magnificent glass elevator; fitness center; massage; hair and beauty salon; complimentary in-room Internet access and first-run Hollywood movies; complimentary Wi-Fi; plus a fleet of bicycles for guests to borrow and enjoy.
- All outside accommodations, with revolutionary “Twin Balconies” on the Violin and Cello decks
- Deluxe hotel-style bedding with high-thread count linens, plush pillows and duvet cover
- Your choice of one large bed (larger than queen size) or two twin beds
- Cozy sitting area perfect for admiring scenic river views
- Spacious bathrooms with multi-jet showerheads
- Premium European toiletries, cotton bathrobes and slippers
- Large wardrobe, full-length mirror, hair dryer, safe and direct-dial telephone
- Flat-screen TV featuring local and satellite channels
- Entertainment-On-Demand featuring free high-speed internet access, hit Hollywood movies, extensive music library and English language TV stations
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Complimentary bottled water replenished daily
- Extra spacious Suites (300 sq. ft.) with revolutionary “Twin Balconies” and mini-bar
- Roomy sitting area with a sofa and two chairs
- Marble-appointed bathroom with a bathtub and separate shower
- Panoramic Lounge with bar; piano and dance floor; and Observation Lounge
- Complimentary specialty tea and coffee station available 24/7
- Elevator reaches the Restaurant, Lobby/Main Lounge and staterooms on Violin and Cello Decks
- Beauty salon, massage and spa services
- Walking track, heated pool and fitness room
- Bicycles for exploring on one’s own
- Main Dining Restaurant - offering regional specialties using locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef’s Table serves as an intimate dining alternative to the main restaurant. It features a view of the chef as he prepares a true tasting menu with three appetizers, a champagne sorbet intermezzo, three main courses and three decadent desserts, serving up a variety of regional specialties and traditional dishes with more choices and flavors than ever before.
- Complimentary unlimited fine wine, beer, soft drinks and specialty coffees with every lunch and dinner, plus sparkling wine at breakfast
Number of Decks
AmaWaterways, we love what we do — providing our guests with the best travel experiences possible. In fact, “Ama” is derived from the Latin word for “love.” It is a concept that permeates every aspect of our river cruises, from the design of our ships to the development of our itineraries to the high levels of service we deliver to our guests. It is a philosophy that drives our attention to detail, constant innovation and culture of always making our guests our top priority. It is the reason our ...
Dec 13, 2024 through
Dec 24, 2024
Dec 9, 2024 7:00 PM
Cabin Cat: E